Did you know that colon cancer is one of the fiercest killer diseases in the USA that claim thousands of lives every year? Unknown to many, it can be prevented by incorporating few lifestyle changes and a regular screening. In fact, it has been estimated that one-third of deaths from colon cancer can be prevented if people over the age of fifty go for a regular screening test along with regular colon cleansing.
Let us examine how this type of cancer occurs in the colon or rectum. The colon and rectum, which are the part of our digestive system, constitute a long, muscular tube like organ called the large intestine. The first six feet of large intestine is called colon, while rectum covers the last 8 to 10 inches of the large intestine. Sometimes cancer affects both rectum and colon; in that case it may be called colorectal cancer.
The two primary functions of colon include conservation of water in the body and elimination of the waste materials from the system. Then another function of colon is to help the body absorb healthy nutrients from food through the healthy bacteria that reside in the colon.
When the diet is low on fiber, colon finds difficulty from eliminating all the feculent matters from it and fecal matters continue to get stored in colon. This leads to accumulation of toxic elements in it. The toxic environment in the colon can trigger off many health problems among which the most fatal is colon cancer.
The following risk factors can increase the chances of colon cancer in certain persons.
* The chances of developing colon cancer increases with growing age and the disease is most commonly found in the people over fifty years of age. Although, the occurrence of colon cancer at an early age can not be altogether ruled out.
* Colon cancer has a very close relation with dietary habits particularly in the cases where the diet is rich in fat and low in fiber.
* Polyps which begin as benign growths in the walls of colon may lead to the development of cancer and a genetic condition called familial Polyposis, if not taken seriously have proven chances of leading to colorectal cancer.
* Then the people with a family history of colon cancer are more likely to develop colon cancer.
* The patients with ulcerative colitis also run the risk of developing colorectal cancer.
To prevent colon cancer, it is important that you should keep all the internal organs free from mucous and toxins. The organs are at their healthiest and function most efficiently, when they are free of toxins. Colon cleansing can help your body rid itself of toxic elements. A healthy colon in turn aids in the digestive process and regains its natural efficiency in eliminating the wastes from your system using coffee enema.
You can choose from a number of colon cleansing techniques that range from taking herbal supplements and oxygen based oral capsules to colon irrigation with hydrotherapy.
To summarize, colon cancer is a preventable disease if you become a little careful about what you consume. Colon cleansing at regular intervals along with a healthy dietary practice reduce the chance of developing colon cancer even more.You can find more information on how to do an enema treatment online